He raps about success, money and romance, but he also spits brutal bars about Meek Mill, Pusha T and Rihanna (without dropping names, of course).
On the one hand, Drake can sound like the baddest rapper around, but at other times, he’s rap’s biggest softie, yet. With both aggressive and emotional lyrics, this rapper can energize you, put you in a chill mood, but also melt your heart with his lines – I mean, this guy made it cool to be an overly emotional rapper, right?
No wonder Billboard refers to him as “the leader of a new hip-hop generation.” Drake’s rhymes are so lyrically clever, emotive and relatable, they’ve even been turned into internet memes or used as viral inspirational catchphrases.
So, find yourself needing a quick pick-me-up? Are you a brokenhearted emo like Drizzy? From songs like Worst Behavior to Shot for Me, we’ve dug deep through his song catalog to find the best Drake lyrics.
Feel free to use them as Instagram captions or simply be inspired by!
1. “Sweatpants, hair tied, chillin’ with no make-up on / That’s when you’re the prettiest”
Best I Ever Had
Use it When: Complimenting your love interest.
A lyric about love – This line pretty much (see what we did there) tells us that Drizzy likes his girls au naturel. He wrote this track when dating models Teyana Taylor and Cat Washington. Were they really the best he ever had?
2. “I want things to go my way / But as of late, a lot of sh*t been goin’ sideways”
Use it When: You have setback after setback.
A lyric about failure – Everyone wants to be successful like Drake and Trey Songz, but the road to success usually means slipping up a few times. Like your everyday guy, Drake also had setbacks on his way up.
3. “This lost boy got fly without Peter Pan”
Use it When: You rise after the fall.
A lyric about finding yourself – Consider yourself a “lost boy”? Who needs Peter Pan to fly when you can do it all by yourself? Lyrical wordplay at its finest.
4. “Last name Ever, first name Greatest”
Use it When: Your ego gets the best of you.
A lyric about confidence – Drake sure had some guts rapping this bar among three of hip-hop’s greatest (Kanye, Lil’ Wayne, Eminem). Fun fact? He hadn’t even released a studio album at the time of spitting this line – we guess he knew he’d be the GOAT.
5. “I’m about my business / Killin’ all these rappers, you would swear I had a hit list”
Use it When: You’re taking the prize.
A lyric about winning – Again, Drake puts himself on a pedestal as if Eminem, Kanye and Lil’ Wayne aren’t even there. Either way, this is some dope wordplay once again. One of Drake’s hardest verses.
6. “Everyone who doubted me is askin’ for forgiveness”
Use it When: You come out on top.
A lyric about success – Drake was bullied at highschool, so we guess he’s referring to them in this track. This top lyric can be applied to anyone who’s ever been doubted and ended up succeeding in their dreams.
7. “If you thinkin’ I’mma quit before I die, dream on”
Use it When: You need motivation to carry on.
A lyric about not giving up – No matter how tough things get, Drake doesn’t quit. He continues to build his dream, and he won’t stop until he dies. This is all the motivation you need on a rainy day.
8. “I’m living life right now man and this what I’mma do ’til it’s over”
Use it When: Living like there’s no tomorrow.
A lyric about being happy – Not sure what to do? Live life! Choose to be happy until it’s all over, and you might end up just as positive as Drizzy.
9. “I swear this life is like the sweetest thing I’ve ever known”
Use it When: You’re grateful about life.
A lyric about gratitude – What’s the secret to living a happy life? Waking up and being grateful for even being alive. Drake’s mantra is clear – be thankful for this “sweet” life and good things will happen to you. Thanks for the motivation, bro!
10. “Too many times I’ve been wrong / I guess being right takes too long”
Find Your Love
Use it When: You have the worst luck picking the right person.
A lyric about finding love – This catchy hit was actually originally a Rihanna song, but Drizzy took it and turned it into magic. Love takes time to find and develop – and this rhyme depicts the struggle perfectly.
11. “I know they say the first love is the sweetest / But that first cut is the deepest”
Use it When: Going through a breakup.
A lyric about your first love – A well-known line that will always hit hard. Drake’s version of the famous quote (“the first cut is the deepest”) is undeniably true for those who are dealing with their first heartache. It gets better soon, y’all.
12. “I live for the nights that I can’t remember with the people that I won’t forget”
Show Me a Good Time
Use it When: You’re high on life.
A lyric about living life – They say “do what makes you happy”, right? Well, for Drake, that means drinking and having fun with loved ones. Totally your vibes? Use this line!
13. “’Cause everybody dies, but not everybody lives”
Moment 4 Life
Use it When: You’re making the most of life.
A lyric about life – This lyric was inspired by a Braveheart quote and reminds us that we have to live life to the fullest. A motivational line that inspires us to go out and make memories.
14. “F**k that ni**a that you love so bad / I know you still think about the times we had”
Use it When: You want your old flame to leave her new man.
A lyric about your ex – Drake is ballsy in this one, cussing his ex’s new man and pretty much trampling all over their relationship. Is this one about Rihanna and Chris Brown? Because we all know Drizzy was in love with Rih at one point.
15. “I’m just saying you could do better”
Use it When: You need a pick-up line.
A lyric about love – If you fancy being bold and brave like Drake (although he’s clearly drinking in this song), use this pick-up line to convince someone you’re better than their current beau.
16. “I don’t really give a f**k, and my excuse is that I’m young”
Use it When: You’re living dangerously.
A lyric about being young – Made a mistake? Use this line. Taking a risk? Use this line. One of Drake’s most iconic lyrics of all time that’s superb for any Insta caption and truly brings out the youth in you.
17. “Overdosed on confidence / Started not to give a f**k and stopped fearin’ the consequence”
Use it When: You need a confidence boost.
A lyric about confidence – Follow Drake’s mantra on confidence and you’re bound to be less fearful of the ‘what ifs’. It’s this attitude that helped him make headlines after all.
18. “Drinkin’ every night because we drink to my accomplishments”
Use it When: You need an Insta caption during a night out.
A lyric about celebrating – A follow-up of the previous bar, we had to separate this one thanks to its absolute worthiness of an Instagram caption. If you’re drinking to celebrate, this line shouts out to you.
19. “I be yellin’ out, “Money over everything! Money on my mind!”
Use it When: You win the lotto.
A lyric about money – I mean, you’ve got to be super cocky to use this line. But when you feel like bragging about your millions, like Drizzy, it’s perfectly suitable.
20. “I guess it really is just me, myself and all my millions”
Use it When: Money is all you have.
A lyric about money – Again, Drake boasts about his bank account because well, it’s a recurring theme in rap music, right? Great to use when loneliness gets the best of you.
21. “I wonder why the moon looks nice, girl / Maybe it’s just right for the night”
Make Me Proud
Use it When: You want to get some lovin’.
A lyric about flirting – Drake isn’t afraid to dive head first in the flirting game. Make Me Proud may be a collab with Rihanna, but rumor has it, the song is actually about Nicki Minaj. Use this line when there’s a full moon – it’ll be “right for the night” (*wink*).
22. “You only live once: that’s the motto, ni**a, YOLO”
Use it When: You’re feeling rebellious.
A lyric about living life – Drizzy’s all about living life to its fullest, I mean, he made YOLO a thing in pop culture. A great caption to use for any fun or adventurous occasion!
23. “All the care I would take / All the love that we made / Now you’re trying to find somebody to replace what I gave to you”
Shot for Me
Use it When: You’re sad AF.
A lyric about breakups – Shot For Me is one hella emotional song. This lyric in particular will cut deep and make you miss someone you haven’t even met yet.
24. “I’m the reason why you always getting faded”
Shot for Me
Use it When: Your ex is clearly missing you.
A lyric about heartbreak – A classic lyric from one of the most tear-jerking tracks on Drake’s playlist. Let your ex know that you’re aware of their heartache by using this sensitive line on them.
25. “Prayin’ for your happiness, hope that you recover”
Shot for Me
Use it When: You’re praying for someone’s wellness.
A lyric about compassion – If there’s someone you’re praying for, use this lyric to let them know. In this track, Drake is praying for a former lover, but you can use the line in any life situation.
26. “May your neighbors respect you / Trouble neglect you / Angels protect you / And heaven accept you”
Shot for Me
Use it When: You want to wish someone well.
A lyric about compassion – This may not be an original Drake line (it’s actually an old Irish toast), but most of us identify it as one of his greatest lyrics. There’s no denying it’s a sweet way to wish someone well. A classic.
27. “Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight”
The Real Her
Use it When: You’re living it up.
A lyric about life – Drake’s got you set for today, tomorrow, and tonight. This lyric inspires you to live in the moment and enjoy the fun things in life – like partying. A cliche Instagram caption, but cool, nonetheless.
28. “You love me and I love you / And your heart hurts, mine does too”
Look What You’ve Done
Use it When: You’re missing someone.
A lyric about love – These may sound like simple words, but boy, will they strike home when your lover hears them. Let that person know that you’re also missing them. Drake did and we bet it worked.
29. “When a good thing goes bad it’s not the end of the world / It’s just the end of a world that you had with one girl”
Doing It Wrong
Use it When: Your heart is broken.
A lyric about moving on – Take Care is chock-full of soppy lyrics and this one is certainly top-tier. He’s shouting out to everyone going through a breakup, telling them there’s plenty of fish in the sea.
30. “We live in a generation of not being in love / And not being together / But we sure make it feel like we’re together / Because we’re scared to see each other with somebody else”
Doing It Wrong
Use it When: You can’t settle down.
A lyric about commitment – This verse can be interpreted in many ways, but it still gives us chills either way. Drake gets honest here about flaky relationships and commitment issues and if you’re going through the same thing, this line will speak volumes.
31. “I guess you lose some and win some / Long as the outcome is income”
Over My Dead Body
Use it When: Money is key.
A lyric about money – Great wordplay right there. Sometimes, Drizzy likes to brag about his big wallet. In this track, he raps about victory and defeat, but none of that matters, as long as he has money flowing in.
32. “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time”
Over My Dead Body
Use it When: Coping with jealous people
A lyric about jealousy – Jealous people are obsessed with what you have – and they want it. Does that border on “love”? Drake seems to think so.
33. “I’m just feeling like the throne is for the taking—watch me take it”
I’m On One
Use it When: Beating your opponents.
A lyric about competition – The “throne” may be alluding to Jay-Z and Kanye West’s Watch the Throne record, implying that Drake’s ready to steal the rap crown from these artists. Regardless, this lyric is great to use when you’re competing for the win.
34. “My only wish is I die real”
Use it When: Realness is what matters.
A lyric about honesty – Being real and honest is important to Drake. If this is how you want to live your life, too, this is a great one-liner to use as motivation.
35. “I learned Hennessy and enemies is one hell of a mixture”
Use it When: The drink gets the best of you.
A lyric about drinking – Drinking whilst being around your enemies is probably not a good idea. Heck, at this point, we’re guessing Hennesy might have been the drink of choice on the night Drake and Chris Brown had their beef…
36. “Fuck a fake friend, where your real friends at?”
Started From the Bottom
Use it When: You’ve got no time for fakery.
A lyric about friends – Drake learned the hard way with some of his friends – most particularly The Weeknd, whom this line is probably aimed at (The Weeknd refused to sign with Drake’s OVO label). A perfect line to throw out there when warning fake people off.
37. “I got my eyes on you / You’re everything that I see”
Hold On We’re Going Home
Use it When: You’re in your feelings.
A lyric about love – When that someone catches your eye, use this romantic Drake lyric to truly tell them how you feel. Cute wordplay, we’ll say that much.
38. “I want your hot love and emotion, endlessly”
Hold On We’re Going Home
Use it When: You’re trying to get the girl (or guy).
A lyric about romance – These smooth lyrics really do encapsulate just how much Drake wants the girl. If you feel the same way about someone, this line is bound to swoon them.
39. “Tables turn, bridges burn, you live and learn”
Use it When: Life teaches you lessons.
A lyric about relationships – Drake could be rapping about a couple things here. Firstly, his fight with Breezy where tables were literally turned and bridges were burned; or secondly, overcoming the bullies in high school. Either way, this is a powerful rhyme about lessons you learn in life.
40. “I just spent four Ferraris all on a brand new Bugatti”
Use it When: You’re driving that new whip.
A lyric about cars – When you have as much money as Drake, it’s easy to get a hold of that dream car – and then brag about it. If you’ve been as lucky as him, use this line to show-off.
41. “I don’t know why they been lyin’ but your shit is not that inspirin’”
Use it When: You’re hating on someone.
A lyric about disliking someone – Sometimes, you realize when people are just caught up in the hype. If you’re not a fan of someone’s art, when everyone else is, then this bar will resonate to you.
42. “Bank account statement just look like I’m ready for early retirement”
Use it When: You’re stinkin’ rich.
A lyric about fortune – Once again, Drizzy brags about his bank account. We get it dude, you’ve got enough mulla to settle on for the rest of your life – no need to get us all jealous about it.
43. “I am the kid with the motor mouth / I am the one you should worry ’bout”
Use it When: Someone’s running their mouth about you.
A lyric about haters – The Language is a full-on ode to Drake’s haters. This savage punchline basically tells them all to keep schtum because he’s the one whose words will cut deeper than a knife.
44. “Jealousy in the air tonight, I could tell / I will never understand that, but oh well”
Use it When: You’re making them green with envy.
A lyric about jealousy – Jealousy is a tough trait to deal with, especially when you’re on the receiving end of it. Some people are born with it, others, like Drake aren’t. This good lyric is great to use for shouting out to haters.
45. “I’m ’bout to roll one and light it”
Use it When: You’re getting in the zone.
A lyric about smoking – Drake isn’t shy about reminding us how much he loves to smoke. This line is great for an Instagram caption, but make sure your mom isn’t preeing on you.
46. “I been about you and I’m still about you”
Use it When: You want to reconnect with someone.
A lyric about love – Whether you write it in a text or use it as an Insta caption, these are touching words. This short and sweet line is an impactful way to let someone know you’re still crazy about them.
47. “I like when money makes a difference but don’t make you different”
Use it When: You don’t let money change you.
A lyric about money – Drake may have all the money in the world, but he won’t let this new lifestyle change who he really is. If you’re the humble (and rich) type, this line about fortune is all yours.
48. “You’re still the one that I adore / Ain’t much out there to have feelings for”
Use it When: You’re trying to get your ex back.
A lyric about love – Drizzy’s lyrics are as smooth as butter. This one is powerful enough to win over any ex. Use it as you please, cupids!
49. “Always hated the boy, but now the boy is the man / Motherfu**er, I done growed up”
Use it When: You’ve had a great come up.
A lyric about rising up – Drake’s opened up about being bullied at school, and now he’s got a cutthroat lyric for them. He’s no longer that little boy, but a grown man who’s running the game.
50. “F**k bein’ on some chill shit / We go 0 to 100, ni**a, real quick”
0 to 100
Use it When: You’re working to the top.
A lyric about hustling hard – One of Drake’s most quotable lyrics, this line can be used in any occasion – when you take no breaks and work on your grind or when you want to tell haters they won’t like you when you’re angry.
51. “So high, but still so down to earth”
0 to 100
Use it When: You know you’re down to earth.
A lyric about staying grounded – Even with all his fame and fortune, Drake remains genuine and true to himself. This Instagram-worthy lyric is a perfect choice to remind everyone that realness gets you far.
52. “If I ain’t the greatest, then I’m headed for it”
0 to 100
Use it When: You’re working to succeed.
A lyric about ambition – Set the bar high and become a go-getter. Drake knew from way back that he’ll end up becoming one of the GOATs in hip-hop.
53. “I been Steph Curry with the shot”
0 to 100
Use it When: You’re victorious.
A lyric about succeeding – Drake references basketball player Steph Curry in this line, hinting at his great shooting ability. In other words, Drizzy is also a sharpshooter, winning at every strike. Use this lyric to mark your own big win.
54. “I run this shit, they like, “Go Forrest, run Forrest / Run Forrest, go Forrest”
0 to 100
Use it When: You the boss.
A lyric about leadership – Drake lets his ego shine once more through this lyric that hints at the movie Forrest Gump. If you think you’re running the game just like Tom Hanks or the rapper, this line shouts out to you.
55. “He ain’t show up / Valuable lesson, man, I had to grow up / That’s why I never ask for help / I’ll do it for you ni**as and do it for myself”
0 to 100
Use it When: You’ve had to learn the hard way.
A lyric about being self-sufficient – The rapper has opened up about how his father often let him down as a boy. This verse explains how he’s had to grow up by himself without being dependent on others.
56. “Know yourself, know your worth”
0 to 100
Use it When: You’re feeling let down.
A lyric about self-worth – Insecure people out there – Drake is talking directly to you. He’s telling you to find your worth and build that self-confidence, despite any downfalls. Definitely one of Drake’s best lyrics to live by.
57. “I’m up right now and you suck right now”
How About Now
Use it When: You’re doing better than everyone.
A lyric about success – Drake has had some hardships in life, especially when it comes to high-school bullies. He’s probably in a much better position than they are and they’re most likely looking on and crying. What a great punchline.
58. “You should go back to him, perfect match for you, unstable”
Use it When: You’re angry at an ex.
A lyric about Rihanna – Wondering what Diamonds Dancing means? If the title isn’t obvious enough (Rihanna’s hit-single is called Diamonds), then take a look at this shady lyric which clearly references her ex-bf Chris Brown who was at the time diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Shots fired.
59. “Don’t hit me up when it’s good for you”
Use it When: Your ex is a user.
A lyric about needy exes – Whether Diamonds Dancing is about Rihanna or Nicki Minaj, this line is dope, regardless. We’ve all had someone need us when it suits them, but this lyric will put them straight when they do it again.
60. “If I die, all I know is I’m a mothafu**in’ legend”
Use it When: You’re proud of yourself.
A lyric about self-pride – Drake has come far in life and he’s so proud of his success, that if he dies tomorrow, he’ll be dubbed a legend (true, that). If you’ve got that much self-esteem, this line will speak to you.
61. “I got enemies, got a lot of enemies / Got a lot of people tryna drain me of this energy”
Use it When: People try to bring you down.
A lyric about enemies – Addressing his haters once more, Drake reminds us that there are toxic people out there who will try to suck out your energy. Moral of the story? Don’t let them.
62. “This for y’all that think that I don’t write enough / They just mad ’cause I got the Midas touch”
Back 2 Back
Use it When: They’re hating on your success.
A lyric about Meek Mill – Back 2 Back was pretty much a diss track for Meek Mill who accused Drake of ghostwriting back in 2015. Meek was just mad because Drizzy has the power to turn his music into gold – like the famous King Midas.
63. “Is that a world tour or your girl’s tour?”
Back 2 Back
Use it When: Giving the ultimate burn to haters.
A lyric about Meek Mill – Drake poked fun at Meek Mill’s relationship with Nicki Minaj, implying that he was sponging off his girlfriend’s success rather than his own. This diss line definitely goes down in history.
64. “You should just be yourself / Right now, you’re someone else”
Use it When: Someone isn’t being real.
A lyric about realness – Drake channels his softer side here, reaching out to someone who isn’t being themselves. Use this lyric on that person who needs a pep talk on realness.
65. “I’m here for a good time, not a long time”
Use it When: You realize life’s too short.
A lyric about life – We all know that life comes at us quickly and before you know it, it’s all over. So, like Drake says, make sure you’re having a good time while you can – it doesn’t last forever.
66. “I’m way up, I feel blessed”
Use it When: Things are going well.
A lyric about blessings – When life treats you well and you’re encountering blessings on blessings, this line is well-suited. Drake shows gratitude, so why shouldn’t you?
67. “Lobster and Céline for all my babies that I miss / Chicken fingers, french fries for them hoes that wanna diss”
Use it When: You want to spoil the good people in your life.
A lyric about food – If you’ve got dollars like Drake, treat the good ones with expensive stuff like lobster and Celine. The haters? Just give them fast food, because that’s what they deserve.
68. “Pray the real live forever man, pray the fakes get exposed”
Use it When: Dealing with fake people.
A lyric about fakery – Drake is pretty much exposing other rappers for lying about their past experiences, here. But you can use this line in other situations, like dealing with fake friends. Y’all will get exposed one day.
69. “Strength and guidance / All that I’m wishing for my friends”
Use it When: You want the best for people.
A lyric about selflessness – According to Genius, this line is inspired by a popular phrase among members of the Jamaican Rastafari community. Drake isn’t a selfish guy, he wants the best for the ones he loves and you should, too.
70. “When I see potential I just gotta see it through / If you had a twin, I would still choose you”
Use it When: You’re making moves.
A lyric about flirting – Cheesy lines rarely work when hitting on someone, but just for Drake’s sake, we’ve listed this as one of his best romantic lyrics. As cringe as these words are, you can’t deny they’re also pretty sweet.
71. “I think I’d lie for you / I think I’d die for you”
Use it When: You’d sacrifice anything for the one.
A lyric about love – Drake shows his raw emotion here and clearly isn’t afraid to wear his heart on his sleeve. An emotional lyric for the girl he loves, this line is superb for expressing your passion.
72. “It feels like the only time you see me is when you turn your head to the side and look at me differently”
Use it When: That person is taking you for granted.
A lyric about relationships – Whether it’s Rihanna or any other girl in Drizzy’s life, the Views rapper feels like she’s not putting enough into the relationship. This lyric is raw and it will cut deep for those who feel the same.
73. “I don’t need love, I’m the GOAT / I just hit the beat and float”
Use it When: You’re content with who you are.
A lyric about being great – Drake once again claims he’s the GOAT – the Greatest of All Time. From having one of the most streamed songs on Spotify to being Billboard’s Artist of the Decade (2021), he’s already succeeded enough and doesn’t need extra “love” to approve it.
74. “If I ever loved ya, I’ll always love ya, that’s how I was raised”
Keep the Family Close
Use it When: Pouring your heart out.
A lyric about love – This lyric tells us that Drake is a loyal guy when it comes to love. If you’ve also been “raised” to care for someone despite any hurdles in your relationship, this meaningful lyric shouts out to you.
75. “Almost gave up on the music thing / But we all so spoiled now / More life, more everything”
Use it When: Life is treating you well.
A lyric about overcoming obstacles – This uplifting lyric reminds us that even with a challenging background like Drake’s, you can overcome any obstacles in life and feel “spoiled”. “More life, more everything” is a great caption for Instagram, too!
76. “Bring us up, I never take us down / But if you bring me up, then they might take you down”
Use it When: Defending your close ones.
A lyric about friends/family – Drake is big on loyalty. He’ll always help his loved ones rise, and never let them down. When anyone runs their mouth about him? His squad will take them down.
77. “I don’t wanna die for them to miss me”
Use it When: You want to earn respect while alive.
A lyric about life – Whether it’s Prince or Whitney Houston, why is it we only celebrate people after they die? Drake wants to be respected and appreciated right now while he’s alive.
78. “She say, “Do you love me?” I tell her, “Only partly / I only love my bed and my mama, I’m sorry”
Use it When: Your mom…and bed come first.
A lyric about your possessions – Now, we all know how much respect Drake has for his mother, but we had no idea his other big love was his bed! If sleeping and family means this much to you, this funny line is all yours.
79. “Who am I? The do or die / The one with the fewest lies and the truest ties”
Use it When: Proving who you are.
A lyric about pride – This lyric boasts Drake’s three greatest qualities. He faces risks in life, but he takes them to avoid failure. Drizzy’s proud of that strength. He’s also proud of his honesty and tight circle.
80. “My body isn’t much of a sacred temple, with vodka and wine / And sleep at the opposite times”
Use it When: You’re facing a bad hangover.
A lyric about living life on the edge – Life in the limelight means sleepless nights and erm, drinking. This Drake line works best when you’re feeling real bad about happy hour.
81. “That’s a real one in your reflection / Without a follow, without a mention”
Nice For What
Use it When: You’re bigging up a lady in your life.
A lyric about female empowerment – Drake references female success in today’s society which generally involves approval on social media. But he lets this woman know that she doesn’t need likes and shares to seek validation. She’s good enough how she is.
82. “Got a lot of blood and it’s cold / They keep tryna get me for my soul”
Use it When: Your enemies are out to get you.
A lyric about haters – Drake admits that he has a “cold” side and can be ruthless at times (although it’s rare). Because of this trait, he feels like people are out to get him. If you feel the same, here’s a lyric to use.
83. “Hate me, never met me in the flesh”
Use it When: You’re getting bad-mouthed.
A lyric about misjudging – Being pre-judged before they’ve even met you? This is something Drake and other celebrities have to deal with all the time. It’s usually those who haven’t met you that make the wrongest impression of you, right?
84. “Say you’ll never ever leave from beside me / ‘Cause I want ya, and I need ya / And I’m down for you always”
In My Feelings
Use it When: You’re feeling romantic.
A lyric about love – Drake is a softie at heart. If you want to swoon the lady (or dude) in your life, this lyric will melt their hearts in an instant.
85. “The new me is really still the real me”
In My Feelings
Use it When: You’re still the same at heart.
A lyric about growth – With change and growth comes a new personality, but for Drake, he’s still the same humble guy he was before all the money and fame. When people come at you with the “you’ve changed”, this one-liner will be convenient.
86. “I just flipped a switch / I don’t know nobody else that’s doin’ this”
Use it When: You’re achieving big things.
A lyric about victory – One of Drake’s most popular lyrics that became a Tik-Tok trend, in reality, depicts the rapper’s success. Whether he’s referring to having a change of heart or his aggressive tone on Side A of the album Scorpion, either way, Drake’s telling us that only he can pull this off in the rap game.
87. “Now they wanna know me since I hit the top, ayy”
Use it When: People are using you.
A lyric about taking advantage – Now Drake is rich and famous, everyone wants a piece of him. If you, too, have unexpected people at your feet because of your newfound success, this line will touch a nerve.
88. “It’s too late for all that lovey-dovey sh*t / I’m your brother sh*t, all that other sh*t”
Use it When: Haters want forgiveness
A lyric about forgiveness – When his fellow rappers called off their beef (like Kanye West), Drake retaliated with this verse, telling them it’s too late. He won’t let bygones be bygones, and if you hold deep grudges, too, this lyric is for you.
89. “In the next life, I’m tryna stay paid / When I die, put my money in the grave”
Money in the Grave
Use it When: You want mulla in the afterlife.
A lyric about money – Drake is no stranger to bragging about money and its importance. In this lyric, he wants to take his hard-earned cash to his grave and the afterlife. Now, that’s just crazy…
90. “Don’t you wanna dance with me? No? / I could dance like Michael Jackson / I could give you satisfaction”
Use it When: You and your crush are in the club.
A lyric about dancing – We really don’t think Drake can actually dance like the King of Pop, but we guess this is a funny (and cheesy) way to a girl’s (or boy’s) heart.
91. “Tired of beefin’ you bums / You can’t even pay me enough to react”
Laugh Now Cry Later
Use it When: They’re trying to get a reaction from you.
A lyric about beef – If you’re well and truly tired of all the beef and literally don’t respond to the hate anymore, use this lyric to remind the haters that you’re all about peace and positivity now.
92. “A boss is a role that I’ve grown into”
Use it When: You need a line for your resume.
A lyric about bossing – Drake is running the rap show and he’s proud to admit that it took a lot of learning to get to where he is today. You can put it on your resume or you can just rap along with Drizzy when he spits this line in What’s Next.
93. “I love you to death but I told you the truth / I can’t just be with you and only you”
Use it When: You’re acknowledging your cheating ways.
A lyric about love – Okay, this lyric is pretty cold and it downright exposes you as a cheater. But if you do struggle to stay loyal to one person, this honest line is perfect for you.
94. “I’m way too sexy to go unprotected”
Way 2 Sexy
Use it When: She wants to be your baby mama.
A lyric about protecting yourself – So, we all know that Drake had an unplanned baby. While he certainly doesn’t regret sweet Adonis, he does know to advise others that protection is the way forward.
95. “Imitation isn’t flattery, it’s just annoyin’ me”
Use it When: Dealing with copycats.
A lyric about wannabes – Drake hates that new rappers are using his style. This is a line we can all relate to when there are people copying your ways. But hey, it means you’re winning, right?
96. “The dirt that they threw on my name turned to soil and I grew up out it”
Use it When: Growing from the hate.
A lyric about growth – From Pusha T to Kanye West, Drake has had a lot of “dirt” thrown on his name. But he’s used his haters as fuel for success. This is a metaphorical lyric we can all use from time to time.
97. “I’ve been losin’ friends and findin’ peace”
Use it When: Friendships end.
A lyric about friendship – From friendship breakups to cutting out fake and toxic people in his life, Drizzy feels like a weight is lifted off his shoulders. Just remember this lyric when your bestie does you wrong.
98. “How I’m supposed to wife it? / You not Ayesha enough”
Race My Mind
Use it When: She’s not Ayesha enough.
A lyric about types – Let’s just say, Drake has a type, and it’s Ayesha Curry. Clearly, the rap star wants to wed a lady that’s the equivalent of Steph Curry’s wife. If you feel the same type of way, use this line when needed.
99. “Time isn’t healing / Time is revealing”
Use it When: You’re seeing your ex’s true colors.
A lyric about revelations: They say time’s a healer. Well, Drake certainly doesn’t agree. In fact, time reveals more about your ex than you ever knew. This line will hit hard if you’ve been the “fall-back”.
100. “They only givin’ ni**as plus ones, so I never pull up to the Met”
Use it When: “Plus one” ain’t good enough.
A lyric about popularity: You’re so popular, that “plus one” just doesn’t cut it when you’ve been invited to your cousin’s wedding. Like Drizzy, you’ve probably got the girl (or boy), the side-chick, and the side-side-chick to bring arm in arm with you.
101. “Love my guys, I wouldn’t trade / From the cradle to the grave”
Use it When: You want to show your boys some love.
A lyric about your boys: This lyric makes for a great quote when wanting to show your brothers just how much you care for them. You wouldn’t swap them for anyone and will support them to the grave.
102. “If I’m with two of ’em, then it’s a threesome / If she alone, you know she a freak one / If it’s an escort, it’s a police one / King of the hill, you know it’s a steep one / If we together, you know it’s a brief one / Back in the ocean you go, it’s a deep one”
Use it When: Trying to explain the relationships you’re into.
A lyric about relationship types: You can always rely on Drake to explain the meaning of relationships, right? This verse pretty much tells you how to define whatever it is you’re into.
103. “I’m cookin’ up ambition on a kitchen stove”
Use it When: You’re working towards your dream.
A lyric about ambition: One of the best lines from Honestly, Nevermind, this bar by Drake is enough to give you all the motivation you need towards reaching your goal. Hey, it might even get you to the kitchen stove…
104. “Dread talkin’ to you ni**as like I’m J. Cole”
Use it When: You’ve got to face the haters.
A lyric about confrontation: It isn’t easy talking to people you can’t stand. If you want to make it known that you’d rather avoid the convo, use this lyric which features awesome wordplay about J. Cole.
105. “Bi**h, don’t tell me that you model if you ain’t been in Vogue”
Use it When: She tells you she’s a ‘model’.
A lyric about wannabes: This savage lyric goes out to all the Insta-girls who call themselves ‘models’. In the very words of Drake, girl, you ain’t a model unless you’ve graced the cover of Vogue.
106. “I know my funeral gon’ be lit ’cause of how I treated people”
Use it When: You’re proud of being a good person.
A lyric about humble pride: When your time’s up, at least you know you treated people kindly and with respect. If you’ve got a strong sense of self-worth and know that people have loved you for your genuineness, this morbid, yet optimistic lyric is great to listen to when other people treat you roughly.
107. “This bi**h lie ’bout gettin’ shots, but she still a stallion”
Use it When: You dare to speak against Megan Thee Stallion.
A lyric about Megan Thee Stallion: Okay, okay, we can’t say this is one of Drake’s best lyrics (it’s actually quite awful), but it’s certainly one of his most talked-about lines. The controversial bar which hears Drizzy reference and debunk Megan Thee Stallion and her 2020 shooting incident involving Tory Lanez, has been deemed misogynistic and rude.
108. “Damn, just turned on the news and seen that men who never got pu**y in school are makin’ laws about what women can do”
Spin Bout You
Use it When: You want to slam those anti-abortion groups.
A lyric about women’s rights: Drake is straight up referencing those anti-abortion lawmakers in this lyric! Condemning the U.S. Supreme Court that overturned Roe V. Wade. as well as supporting women, this line is a great mockery of anyone who thinks they can make laws about women’s bodies!
Clearly, Drake puts thought, craftsmanship and effort into his lyrics – (you hear that, Meek Mill?!) and we don’t think they’ll ever go out of style. Whether you’re a fan or not, you’re bound to be inspired or resonate to one of these catchy lines.
Which of these best Drake lyrics will you be living by? Let us know in the comments below!