With song lyrics like “baby, baby, baby” and “you’ve got that yummy”, Justin Bieber doesn’t exactly scream ‘wordsmith’.
But – PLOT TWIST – there have been some rare moments where the Biebs has indeed inspired and motivated with his words (shocker, I know).
If you were in need of some inspiration, forget Shakespeare! Believe it or not, you can pick it up from this young celebrity!
He’s a softie at heart with a huge positive attitude, so with that being said, we present to you the 31 best Justin Bieber quotes everyone should lend an ear to.
And if you’re really stirred by his words, we’ve also included the best times to use them, whether as an Instagram caption or just as a daily affirmation.
1. “I’m not a fighter by nature, but, if I believe in something, I stand up for it.”
Use It When: You’re fighting for justice!
Justin has publicly fought for what he believes in including against the paparazzi, the Black Lives Matter movement and his girlfriends when they’ve been harassed by fans online. If you also have the urge to fight for justice, use this famous quote as inspiration!
2. “If I can do just one tenth of the good Michael Jackson did for others, I can really make a difference in this world.”
Use it When: You want to make a change.
“Heal the world, make it a better place” – Michael Jackson said it and boy, did he do it. We only get a short time on this earth and if you spend some of it giving and helping those in need, consider yourself a winner at life. From charity work to helping those in financial crisis, Bieber is halfway to making a difference in this world.
3. “I’m living proof that dreams do come true. Work hard. Pray. Believe.”
Use it When: You’re feeling demotivated.
Bieber wasn’t born into stardom. He was a regular kid with big dreams of becoming a popstar. But like he said – and as he’s proved to us – working hard, praying and believing are the right ways to make your goals a reality.
4. “If you don’t dream big, there’s no use of dreaming. If you don’t have faith, there’s nothing worth believing.”
Use it When: You need a motivational push.
There’s no such thing as a dream too big. We’re sure young Bieber had no idea that a YouTube cover would get Usher’s attention and eventually land him a record deal! No matter what you want out of life, keep believing in it, have faith, and maybe one day it will be yours.
5. “I’m crazy, I’m nuts. Just the way my brain works. I’m not normal. I think differently.”
Use it When: You want to defend your crazy antics.
It’s always good to acknowledge your flaws and laugh at yourself. We guess that’s how Bieber has been able to put up with everyone judging his controversial behavior over the years. Yeah, adopting a monkey and comparing himself to Michael Jackson is definitely what you call “thinking differently”, Biebs…
6. “You should not be afraid of doing what your mind tells you to do…just listen to your heart…”
Use it When: You’re doubting yourself.
Everyone thought Bieber was crazy for marrying Hailey Baldwin after such a short time and at such a young age. But clearly, despite anyone’s opinions, the superstar followed his heart and mind and did exactly what he wanted to do. Lesson learned? Don’t let fear take away your dreams.
7. “Haters will say what they want, but their hate will never stop you from chasing your dream.”
Use it When: Haters get the best of you.
Let’s face it, people haven’t particularly spoken fondly of Bieber over the years. We’re proud that he was able to ignore the haters though, and pursue his career. While a hater’s voice might be loud, you’ve got to try your hardest to ignore them and focus on doing your thing.
8. “There’s gonna be times in life when people tell you that you can’t, that’s when you just gotta turn around and say watch me.”
Use it When: You want to prove everyone wrong.
A motivational quote about greatness. It’s easy to feel deflated when someone tells you “you can’t”. Well, just like Bieber would, take it with a grain of salt, look the other way and say “watch me”. Before you know it you can say, “who’s laughing now?”.
9. “You can’t always get what you want. But, if you’re lucky, you get what you need.”
Use it When: You want the thing you can’t have.
What Bieber is trying to tell us here, is that life has a funny way of working things out. Right now, you might be aching for something you can’t have. In time though, if you’re lucky, life might just give you what you need, rather than that thing you thought you wanted – and it will be so much better.
10. “I just get so happy when I think about the fact that I get to do what I love every day as a job.”
Use it When: You’re celebrating your career.
It makes us super happy knowing that Bieber loves his job. His passion and dedication as an artist has given us some pretty cool music, after all. If you’re also one who utterly loves their career, don’t forget to celebrate it and show some gratitude for it once in a while.
11. “I’m telling you, people. Everyday we wake up is another blessing. Follow your dreams and don’t let anyone stop you.”
Use it When: You feel like giving up.
Although Bieber has had some dark days in his life, he still affirms these words. We should all take some advice from the Changes star and be grateful for simply waking up every day. That in itself is a blessing and any opportunity we get to follow our dreams is even more of a gift.
12. “A girl has to have a beautiful smile, beautiful eyes and she should have a good sense of humor. She should be honest, loving and trustworthy.”
Use it When: You’re filling out a Tinder profile (lol).
Bieber’s dating history is a long one. He’s hooked up with several lucky ladies, and he finally found all of these qualities in his wife Hailey Baldwin. If you also agree with Bieber’s taste in women, here’s a quote to put out there.
13. “I’m just a regular 16 year old kid. I make good grilled cheese and I like girls.”
Use it When: You’re being judged as a teen.
Those teenage days weren’t easy for Justin. He was thrust into the spotlight at the age of 13, after all. But when anyone gave him a tough time or expected too much from him, we’re sure he used this self-explanatory quote. I mean, eating grilled cheese and liking girls is all that should be expected from a teen, right?
14. “The success I’ve achieved comes to me from God.”
Use it When: You want to thank God.
If you’re religious, we’re sure this phrase resonates with you. Bieber isn’t afraid to acknowledge that his success has been down to God. When you truly want to thank the almighty for placing you where you are now, don’t be afraid to write down Bieber’s meaningful quote.
15. “I’m here to bless, not to impress.”
Use it When: People are being judgmental.
It’s safe to say Bieber has left a lasting impression on us since rising to fame. We’ve loved him, hated him, and loved him all over again. But through it all, he’s shrugged off the bad opinions and continued doing what he does best – blessing us with music. In other words, don’t worry about the opinions of others, just keep doing you.
16. “I think I can grow as an artist, and my fans will grow with me.”
Use it When: You have faith in your supporters.
This powerful Bieber quote tells you to trust and have faith in your support system, whether it is friends or family, throughout any changes in your life. Bieber bravely moved on from bubblegum pop music to EDM and eventually R&B, and through it all, he had faith that his Beliebers will grow with him and show support.
17. “Now that I’m on top, everyone wants to bring me down. Everyone’s trying to tug at me and take my spot.”
Use it When: Everyone’s bringing you down.
Justin hasn’t been shy to discuss the pitfalls that come with his success. Whether it was his haters or the press, many have wanted to see him lose throughout his career as one of the world’s biggest popstars. But clearly, the Purpose star has been able to champion through these haters and come out on top.
18. “You don’t need to go to church to be a Christian. If you go to Taco Bell, that doesn’t make you a taco.”
Use it When: Someone judges your faith.
This may be a funny Bieber quote, but it does have some truth in it. From apparently studying to become a pastor to turning to Christ after a breakdown, everyone has constantly judged the artist’s religious choices.
19. “When you’ve reached a certain point in your life, there are people out there waiting to see you fall. but rather than let gravity take you down, sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands and fly.”
Use it When: Everyone’s holding you back.
There was a time when Bieber was dubbed “the most hated man in America”, but he said this quote to persevere through the bad press and fight to become the best version of himself. Use Bieber’s words as encouragement to unshackle yourself from toxic people and focus on making yourself great.
20. “I want girls to hear my music, and I want them to play it again because it makes their hearts feel good.”
Use it When: Bieber’s music makes your heart feel good.
Bieber wasn’t wrong with this quote. His music certainly does make girls’ – and boys’ – hearts feel good. This saying will make for a great Instagram caption when shouting out one of Bieber’s new songs. #HeartFeelsGood – let’s make it a trend!
21. “Haters scream, trying to bring me down, but my Beliebers can scream louder than that and I am proud of that.”
Use it When: You’re proud of your supporters.
Bieber clearly cares for his fans. Even when his haters are bringing him down, the singer knows that his Beliebers’ support will always keep him from falling. If you, too, have a support system that is unconditionally there for you, this Belieber quote will stand out.
22. “If you start taking yourself more seriously than you do God then there’s a problem.”
Use it When: You want to shout-out God.
If you are devoted to God like Justin, feel free to use this quote as an Instagram caption or even as a daily reminder to yourself. Bieber reminds those who believe, to always take God seriously, more so than you do yourself.
23. “Are you curious about cutting off your finger? Do you want to know what that feels like? To me, taking drugs is the same type of thing. In the end, all that happens is you get hurt by it.”
Use it When: You want to warn someone off the bad stuff.
Bieber hasn’t been afraid to admit that he was once addicted to weed, lean, Molly, and magic mushrooms during his troubled teenage years. This saying reminds everyone out there that drugs are indeed damaging and painful.
24. “We like to watch movies, we like to Netflix and chill, but we definitely do more of the chilling.”
Use it When: You want to reveal your nighttime secrets *wink*.
Unlike the more serious sayings on this list, this is a funny and cheeky Bieber quote that will ultimately make you smile. Let’s just say Justin’s and Hailey’s love life is in full swing. Who’s got time for Netflix, right?
25. “I think it’s important to make all women feel like they’re princesses because every girl is a princess. I’m serious.”
Use it When: You want to honor the ladies in your life.
Justin certainly knows his way to a lady’s heart. These words remind us that he is indeed a softie at heart. It’s a saying that also prompts many others out there to treat women the right way – like a princess.
26. “The focus and the goal is about yourself, you tend to lose your purpose in that. I think the older that I get the more I realize that I’m not utilizing my gift for the right reasons. This isn’t about me. It’s about helping someone who’s going through whatever they are going through and being able to talk about that thing.”
Use it When: You want to focus on helping others.
Justin recently said this inspirational quote on his documentary, Seasons, revealing to us all that he really has come a long way. He’s no longer egotistical or selfish, but rather, a selfless artist who wants to help others by using his gift.
27. “I don’t have permission to be human and shed tears.”
Use it When: You want to reveal your insecurities.
Although most of us don’t live in the spotlight like Bieber, we may still feel ashamed to cry in public. If you’re forced to “be a man” or “grow up”, it can be hard to unveil your emotions without being judged. Justin’s felt this and it’s sure okay if you’ve gone through it, too.
28. “I think sex can cause a lot of pain. Sometimes people have sex because they don’t feel good enough. Because they lack self-worth. Women do that, and guys do that.”
Use it When: You want to reflect on sex.
It’s not everyday we get to hear Justin’s thoughts on sex (or any other celebrity’s for that matter), so this quote comes as a juicy surprise. In an interview with Vogue, Bieber also disclosed that he stayed celibate before getting back together with Hailey and throughout their dating days. #Mindblown.
29. “I’m freaking married now and I got the best wife in the world.”
Use it When: You’re celebrating your marriage.
Whether it’s for your wife or your husband, this amazing quote about love needs to be used. Bieber adorably shouts out his wife in this super cute saying that reminds us all to celebrate our marriage once in a while.
30. “I am Home wherever you are. You are my safe place. I am completely and utterly obsessed with who you are. My biggest dream is growing old with you. I can’t believe you are mine forever.”
Use it When: It’s Valentine’s Day!
Bieber’s quotes about Hailey are to die-for. He sure knows how to confess his love for the model, making everyone swoon (and get super jealous) over. This is the perfect love quote to use when you want to show your lover how much you adore them.
31. “Music is the universal language no matter the country we are born in or the color of our skin. Bring us all together.”
Use it When: You want to remind everyone of the power of music.
Bieber made no mistake when he said this. Music truly is one of the few things that can bring us together. But when he’s not using his music to fight for racism, Justin is also using his words – “Why can’t black lives simply just matter”, he wrote on Instagram during the BLM movement.
Turns out, this popular celeb has given us some great sayings that do indeed strike a thought – even for those who dislike him (admit it, haters).
Perfect for everyday situations and ideal when in need of a morale boost, these quotes come as a welcome surprise and we can’t wait to jot them down on the ‘Gram.
What Justin Bieber quote is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!
Read Next: Every song on Justice ranked from worst to best!