You know the ins and outs of Brittana’s relationship, you’ve seen Rachel Berry experience the ups and downs of following her dream and you’ve heard every high and low note of Kurt Hummel’s singing voice. But we bet you didn’t know that one of the cast members is deaf in one ear or that two of the cast members dated in real life – no we’re not talking about Lea and Cory!
Consider yourself a true Gleek? Think you know Glee like the back of your hand? Think again. We dug deep and found some interesting facts about everyone’s’ favourite musical show. Enjoy…
1. Mark Salling auditioned for Glee five times before being cast as Puck.
2. Lea Michele got a tattoo of the words “If You Say So”. These were Cory Monteith’s last words to her.
3. Harry Shum Jr. was Heather Morris’ teacher when she attended Hip Hop dance classes.
4. Chris Colfer practices the art of Sai, a traditional Okinawan weapon and he’s a pro!
5. Jenna Ushkowitz began her professional career as a model when she was 3-years-old.
6. Becca Tobin owns a fashion blog called June Moss.
7. Chord Overstreet thinks Amber Riley is the best singer he has ever heard and we totally agree.
8. Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison dated before the days of Glee!
9. Kevin McHale was almost cast as McLovin in the movie Superbad.
10. According to IMDB, “Quinn Fabray was not cast until the night before filming began.”
11. Dot-Marie Jones is a 15-time world and 6-time national arm-wrestling champion.
12. Naya Rivera was once engaged to rapper, Big Sean.
13. Jane Lynch is actually deaf in her right ear.
14. At 17-years-old, Amber Riley auditioned for American Idol but she didn’t make the cut.
15. But in 2013, she ended up winning Dancing With the Stars!
16. When Lea Michele was 8-years-old, she landed a role in a Broadway production of Les Misérables.
17. Before acting, Cory Monteith worked as a Wal-Mart greeter, taxi driver, telemarketer and construction worker.
18. Jenna Ushkowitz and The Vampire Diaries star Michael Trevino dated for three years. They broke up in 2014.
19. Lea Michele and Jenna Ushkowitz have been friends in real life since they were 8 years old.
20. Unlike her character, Brittany, Heather Morris graduated with a 4.0 GPA.
There you have it folks…
If you’re a dedicated Glee fan, take a look at these awesome Glee gifts that will have you singing for joy.